Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dot & Swirl

A new year and a new beginning. I launched my new Dot & Swirl etsy shop on Jan. 1, 2013. I am excited about the new focus for my creative explorations. Dot & Swirl is named for two of my favorite things; the polka-dot - the world's smallest harbinger of joy, and the swirl - the universal symbol of energy and spark.

I am feeling sparkly and inspired to share my creations and my ideas for children and the child in us all. I have begun stocking my little shop with soft toys created from my stenciled images formerly seen on clothing in the 80's and 90's under the name Hand Painted Clothing By Jude Bond. The little critters have been making a ruckus packed away in the studio, so I have let them out, this time printed onto fabrics and backed and stuffed to create squeezable softies for play or display.

So far in the shop there are bunnies, sheep, chickens and trilobites (soft rocks!). I am working on some kitties and some horses today. There are  also several crocheted hats for toddlers with more to come. I am working on prototypes for wrist bands for dance and dramatic play, and crocheted and felted headband fascinators for young girls.

I plan to also sell PDF downloads of crochet patterns I have designed, and art lesson plans I have created over my decades of art teaching with young children.

In this blog you can read about my new creations and explorations in the studio, as well as get some free instructions for art and craft projects to do with your young friends; whether they be your children, your students, or adults you know who wish to get more in touch with their child self through creative play.

Here is the link to my new shop!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dotandswirl

Happy New Year!
Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment