Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Crochet

I do love the wintry weather here in Vermont for staying indoors and doing creative projects. I have long found that the inward gaze brought on by the long cold winters feeds my imagination and increases my creative output.

I have crocheted a few more toddler sized hats for my etsy shop in a soft warm wool blend yarn. I am also working up a few infant sized hats in the same pattern in a beautiful pima cotton yarn. They would make the perfect baby shower gift any time of year. I love the basket weave pattern I am using, and the shape of these little chapeaus. They are fun to work on, and because of the nature of the pattern it is easy to keep track of where I am, without pesky stitch or row counting, so my mind can wander while I work. Most enjoyable. The style satisfies my love of texture and sculptural forms as well.

Here are a few photos of some of the toddler sized ones I have made thus far. You can see more in my shop  - www.etsy.com/shop/dotandswirl
 









2 comments: